- 1. Connect to Exchange Online with Windows PowerShell.
2. Run the cmdlet:
Set-DistributionGroup -Identity <DG> -SendOofMessageToOriginatorEnabled $trueNotice
- If it is a DDG, please use this command:
Set-DynamicDistributionGroup -Identity <DDG> -SendOofMessageToOriginatorEnabled $true
- Configure a user’s mailbox (which is a member of the DG) in your Outlook and set the OOOM.
- Send a test message to the DG to confirm.
- In case that Office 365 is syncing with on premises Active Directory then login on clients AD
- Locate the Distribution Group -> Properties -> Attribute Editor (Enable Advanced attributes first)
- Locate the filed ‘oOFReplyToOriginator‘ and set it to ‘TRUE‘
- Open Powershell and Sync with Office 365 :
- Import-Module DirSync
- Configure a user’s mailbox (which is a member of the DG) on your Outlook and set the OOOM.
- Send a test message to the DG to confirm